trouble. with the maples.

forgive me. i have sinned.

i did not tell. the whole truth. last time. there is more. after he arrived. to take ash from me.

(buthewillnothavehimnownonononoashalreadybelongstomemememememememe.)

ash. could not have heard. our speech. trees do not. speak very loudly.

we did not. let each other. out of our eyeless lines. of sight. to do so. would be a fatal mistake.

on either of our parts.

redtieblack. he wanted to trade. with me. ash. for whatever i wanted. he would have taken. from me. when i have so little already.

(quiteconvincedhe'srightrightrightrightright.)

i declined. denied.

(thebranchesrustledonottrusthimnevertrusthimhebetrays.)

blacktiered. he berated me. i taunted back. useless breathing tree. OuO

i left. so did he. i do not know why. he chose not to follow me. i was injured. weak. he could have. killed me himself. after i destroyed. his servants.

so why didn't he? do so? why is ash? so important to him? when he can take whomever he wants?

even trees do not. have every answer.

the branches quiver.